Gainesville Loves Mountains is a group of concerned volunteers with diverse perspectives on energy solutions for Gainesville’s future. We are committed to minimizing the impacts of coal consumption and extraction on Appalachia.
We work in partnership with communities to end mountaintop removal coal mining and create a prosperous economy and sustainable future for the region and its people. In addition to monitoring the companies that supply our coal and advocating for alternatives, we are currently pursuing local policies that will help our community achieve significant energy savings while also strengthening our economy.
You can help us achieve our goals of:
- Educating electricity customers about the source of their coal
- Encouraging local leaders and GRU staff to place a permanent moratorium on purchasing coal from MTR sites
- Pursuing local policies in favor of renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Working to ban Mountaintop Removal Mining at the federal level
Want to get involved?
- Follow us on Twitter (@GNVLovesMts) or Facebook
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Newsletter archive
- Give us a call at 352-610-1090
- Email us below